Week 7: Cupid's Pillow; Triple Chocolate Cupcake with Pink Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and Chocolate Sprinkles
Hi friends! Valentine's Day is nearly here! These cupcakes are very moist and easy to make! This dessert looks lovely on a plate, paper plate, napkin or even better... an empty cupcake liner! Cupid could not make a softer landing than on this delightful chocolate dessert!!
My little guy is taking a batch of "Cupid's Pillows" to his favorite crush ~ so kids, they are perfect for leaving as a secret admirer surprise! (Any idea what we are doing tomorrow?) Whatever your plans are this Valentine's Day or if you have no plans at all, these cupcakes are a delicious treat!
Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup superfine sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup best-quality cocoa (Recommend Hershey's)
1 1/2 sticks soft unsalted butter
2 large eggs
2 tsp. good-quality vanilla extract
2/3 cup sour cream
1 pkg. mini semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
4 oz. dark chocolate (Recommend Ghiradelli), chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350° degrees.
2. Line cupcake pan with liners, set aside.
3. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl to combine.
4. In another large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium beat the softened butter and add in the flour mixture until you have a creamy mixture.
5. In a seperate bowl whisk together the cocoa, sour cream, vanilla, and eggs. Beat into your bowl of mixture.
6. Fold in mini-morsels and chopped dark chocolate into the batter.
7. Divide the batter among cupcake cups and bake approximately 17-24 minutes. Cupcakes are done when tester comes out clean.
8. VERY IMPORTANT to allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
Cupid's Pillow Pink Buttercream Frosting
1 cup butter, softened
6-7 cups confectioner's sugar
6-8 Tbsp. whole milk or half and half cream
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Cream butter with an electric mixer on medium until very fluffy. Add part of the sugar and salt and beat again.
2. Continue adding sugar and milk in small teaspoonfuls, alternately, continue beating until frosting becomes very fluffy.
3. Stir in the vanilla.
4. Add Wilton gel "Rose Petal Pink" in small amount to achieve pastel color and pipe onto cupcakes once completely cooled.