Cupcake Hero; February Cupcake Round Up


For [February] Cupcake Hero ingredient of the month was Liquor. I entered my Frangelico Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cupcake with Hazelnut Coffee Cream Cheese Frosting. I did not win, but you really have to check out the other entries. The cupcake world has some very creative bakers!!

From Quirky Cupcake:
Wendy of The Cupcakery baked Frangelico Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cupcakes with Hazelnut Coffee Cream Cheese Frosting. Just looking at them, I think I gained 10 pounds. Maybe I do need to start making the healthier cupcakes! You guys are trying to off me! I do not think I need to say anything more about this cupcake. That photo says it all. Thank you so much Wendy!

From Tempered Woman:
So they helped me out and sacrificed themselves as taste testers. Dear sweet old singing souls. And they agreed that Wendy's Frangelico Chocolate Chip Hazelnut cupcakes were some of the best damn cupcakes they have evah put into their sweet old singing throats. There was just so much goodness with the rich cupcakes that literally tasted like hazelnut chocolate chip cappuccinos. In fact, I decorated them with some cute chocolate covered espresso beans. Rush on over to The Cupcakery to check them out people! But ultimately the winner had to be somebody who truly embodied the secret ingredient of liquor. Wendy's cupcakes were incredibly good but the dominant flavor was definitely coffee in what they tasted and there just wasn't enough of the liquor in them to shine through as the obvious front runner.

* * *

There you have it! As a caveat, I think you could possibly add more Frangelico to the cream cheese frosting but you have to worry about the frosting becoming too runny. So I would increase the Frangelico in the cupcake recipe. Either way - this cupcake is definitely delicious!

The Cupcake Hero theme for March is Marshmallows!

Best!

Comments

slush said…
Thanks for the Cupake Hero love! xo
Cakespy said…
I think everyone is a winner with cupcake hero!! If only all of the entries were in one room, with no windows, and me in it. But I digress. ;-)