Housekeeping: Meaningful Giving to Mother's Around the World


Hi friends! Mother's Day is this Sunday, May 11th. Mother's Day celebrates Mothers, Grandmothers, Aunts, Sisters, and all of those women who are "Like a Mom", adoptive Mother's, and anyone who loves and nurtures. I have always believed in "Six Degrees of Separation" and with the terrible horror of Cyclone Nargis to hit Myanmar (Burma) recently I got to thinking of all the Mothers affected by this event. Every day there are so many tragedies on different scales, which affect at least one person, or someone we know. It can make us feel helpless; but helpless does not mean hopeless. We just have to know where to look. I have a standing section on the blog which I call "Meaningful Giving" these are just a few of the many worthy causes out there which benefit from empathy.

I am a mom and I can tell you my little guy is what makes my heart feel like it is just a little bigger in my chest. I would do anything for him. I know this is a "Cupcake Website" and I really try to stick to "Cupcakes." With Mother's Day coming up, I thought you would like to know of wonderful ways to give back and help "Mothers" around the world or right here in the United States. I have listed several organizations including Fisher House for Military Families which is very dear to me, a wonderful organization giving back not only to service members but taking care of military families. Global Giving to help around the world or designate programs right here in the US! I encourage you to look at the "Mother's Day Menu" - it is really amazing how many ways you can help. You can choose ~ but whatever you choose, give from your heart. Should you decide to bake a batch of your favorite cupcakes and take them to a women's shelter, I promise you will not only bring warm smiles you will feel really good about yourself! And that's a good thing! We are all connected by six-degrees of separation!

Best!


Fisher House Supporting America's military in their time of need, we provide "a home away from home" that enables family members to be close to a loved one at the most stressful time -- during hospitalization for an illness, disease or injury. To learn more, click here.


This Mother's Day the Global Fund for Women is encouraging everyone to support companies who donate a portion of their sales to the GFW. Money you spend on music, clothing, cosmetics and organic flowers to supports grant money to help teach women how to bake! With a $10,000 grant from the Global Fund, 100 refugees can be trained in the skills they need to run businesses in sewing, computer science and baking.

I always knew a cupcake could change the world! One at a time!


Global Giving The devastating Myanmar Cyclone Nargis has killed over 62,000 people, and thousands are still missing. A state of emergency has been declared in five regions: the capital city of Yangon, Irrawaddy, Pegu and the states of Karen and Mon. There is massive flooding, power loss, and damage to houses and other buildings. Support short-term relief and longer-term rebuilding efforts through these projects. Check out the Mother's Day Menu to find out how to help Mother's around the world, or right in the United States.


UNICEF Inspired Gifts is an innovative program that allows you to purchase real, lifesaving products--like bednets and vaccines--to be shipped directly to one of over 150 countries where UNICEF is saving children's lives.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Comments