Hello my dear and loyal readers! I cannot tell you how I have missed baking, reading your comments and sharing new creations with you! I would love to say I am completely moved in to my new house, but that is not yet the case. I guess life happens!
I have, however, cleared enough space to be able to bake and give myself some elbow room so I will share some of my latest yummy creations with you! But first, I am overdue on answering this tag! Mara from Lick the Spatula has "tagged me" to tell you 6 random things about myself. I think this is her ploy to bring me out of hiding! Good job Mara! Peer pressure works like a charm. Haha!
(See what I grew!)
So the tag rules are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. I love chocolate! I have been known to go to great lengths to seek out great chocolates! When I say seek... I mean going to the Godiva factory in Brussels, the Lindt Factory in Switzerland, Ghirardelli (owned by Lindt) has Soda Fountains and the most wonderful chocolate shops! Now after Cupcake Hero, Askinosie is a new favorite! This Ecuadorian chocolate nibble bar from Askinosie is my latest craving!
2. When I see hand lettered farmers market signs, I have to stop, no matter what. I enjoy the quaintness of small stands to the larger more organized markets, but the best part is all the fresh fruits, vegetables, breads, cheeses, butters and jams! There is just something about hand lettered signs that pulls at my heart strings (the same is true for kids selling lemonade!)
3. There is an apple orchard not too far from where I live. My little guy and I can be found there quite a bit once apple season starts. I have a secret obsession with their apple cider donuts! From the minute I see the racks and racks of fresh donuts, no bigger than the palm of your hand, all warm and slightly crunchy, tangy and spicy at the same time. I could eat 6 and not blink! The orchard also has a winery, with samples! My favorite last season was the Apple Blossom Blush. It tasted like apple juice with a kick!
4. When I was 9 years old, my lemon meringue pie won 22nd place in the county bake-off out of 75 entries. My prize was a wooden spoon with a blue and white checked grosgrain ribbon. I think by that age the baking bug had already bitten me!
5. The only "video game" I can win at is Pac-Man, but I can also play a good game of air hockey!
6. I have entirely too many cookbooks... but every foodie does!
These are a few of my favorite blogs, so "tag" you are it!
My Sweet & Saucy