It's not okay to steal my blog posts

The Eat Navy Cupcake!
Triple Chocolate Cupcake topped with
Vanilla Buttercream and Edible Pearl
Hello friends,

I have missed you! If you are not already following me on Facebook (Cupcakery Hudson Highlands) or Twitter (the_cupcakery) look for my updates as I am baking daily. I am sad to say there has been some unethical blogger stealing my pictures and recipes, frequently. This has made me hesitant to post my recipes. Over the past few months, I have watched this "person" not only bad mouth me, call me names, call me a troll, a hater and a slew of other names. In the end, she is a fraud and has not had the decency to respond to my personal messages and requests to give me credit for my work, my recipes and my photos which she has blatantly taken from my blog. The "internet" did not suddenly come up with images of cupcakes and other ideas - they were created by me. Changing one word from "that" to "which" does not constitute it suddenly being an original recipe. Cut and pasting from someones blog, is simply being fraudulent and I am aware of this person's activity. 

As with any blogger or creative individual; I work very hard creating cupcakes and have tried to give credit when I am inspired by other bakers who work just as hard at their own ideas and creations. I was "anonymously" informed today that a Facebook page has not only taken my photos but claimed them as their own work. It's a sad day when someone plagiarizes someone else's creativity to get "likes" and "comments" - I work too hard, often at great personal expense to stand by and watch that. I let the person know they were posting my pictures from my blog and to please remove them from their page, but have not received a response and will most likely not get one. Unethical people usually do not like to be called on their behavior.

Zesty Orange Lemon Cupcake 
We all posses gifts and talents and it is not okay for someone to take my work and claim it as their own. This goes for any creative work: photography, baking, arts and crafts. BOTTOM LINE: Give the professional courtesy and proper credit to the person whose work you are using. The internet is full of so many wonderful, constructive, original people. I am not looking to make this an open debate but I would like my readers to know that I value your readership, your insights and I look forward to many more years of sharing our ideas and creativity. Thanks for your support! Let's keep living the sweet life and I will share some new recipes I have been working on. I love my readers!

Best,
Wendy
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcake

Comments

Tippy said…
I'm sorry for your troubles. :( I know how much work goes into coming up with the perfect recipe, it doesn't happen overnight. It takes many months to come up with a recipe worthy of sharing, and than finding the time to bake it, let alone photograph the baking process... than decorating it and than taking the final picture.... last but not least finding time to blog about it :(
I would be extremely upset if I was in your position as well.. for someone to just swoop in, steal your recipe, your photo, your work and not give you credit for it :(

I'm sorry for that.